IT Versione italiana

video » Metastatic Melanoma: 5-year survival rates may soon reach 60%



related diseases: Melanoma -

At the beginning of this decade, the average survival of patients with metastatic melanoma was 7 months and the 5-year rate was 3%. Thanks to the introduction of new drugs such as Vemurafenib and Ipilimumab, the survival rate rose to 20% and now, with PD-1 and CTLA-4 antibodies and combined targeted treatments based on BRAF and MEK inhibitors, survival is 40-50% . Prof. Garbe explains why a 5-year rate of 60-70% could be achieved in the near future.




Cookies helps us to provide our services. Using these services , you agree to use of cookies on our part. OK